Sunday, June 10, 2012

Update....

I am still trying to stick to the paleo diet as much as possible and I am painfully aware of all the temptations around.  It seems like I slip with something every day, but I am still doing OK in general.  The kids are also doing great, we have no cereal in the house any more and they don't even ask about it.  Yesterday, I realized that the milk I bought last Saturday has been barely used.  We have gone from drinking 2 gallons a week (mostly by me!) to next to nothing.  I really need to look at where the kids are getting their calcium from every day....
This is my birthday weekend, so I have been particularly bad.  I went to Crave on Friday and got a latte, it was wonderful.  Still, this is the first one I have had from there this year & we used to go every day.  Not only am I saving calories, but we are all saving money too!!!
I bought a new cook book.  Paleo recipes in less than 30 minutes.  Going to try some new recipes soon.  We seem to subside on chicken chunks, vegetables and fruit during the summer and I have been cooking a lot less than I usually do.  The kids are happy to take chicken, cheese, carrots and grapes to school every day and then eat essentially the same at night.  I am lucky in that respect....

No comments:

Post a Comment