Monday, May 6, 2013

Sunday-whole day of cooking!!!

Sam is going out of town this week.  This means that things always change dramatically, including changing my schedule completely and our diet.   I spent the whole day making food for the week ahead so that I have a jump start on feeding everyone.  I made chicken chunks and chicken salad for Greta to take to school for lunch, then I made chicken noodle soup with the rest of the chicken because I know the kids will always eat that.

I had made a bunch of no-oat oatmeal on Saturday, but I will need to make more tonight as it's almost done.  I take it to work for breakfast every day.  I decided that I'd make something new to take for lunch this week, so I made these buffalo chicken egg muffins.  They are really good.


I made this vegetable side dish and meatballs for dinner.  The meatballs are one thing that everyone in the family will eat!!!  Hadn't ever made the vegetables before, but they were pretty tasty.  Sam and I ate them, of course the kids wouldn't go near them.....

I made Sam a couple of things to take with him so that he has something he can eat in an emergency.  I made this granola and these mango treats.  The mango treats were the first thing I made in the morning. Unfortunately, trying to chop up the mango fried the motor in my food processor, so now I need a new one and I won't be trying this again......

I'm going to make crispy pork for dinner tonight.  I cooked some pork butt in the slow cooker and then I will cook it in the oven tonight.  I hope it turns out OK.  I think we have enough to get us through.....

No comments:

Post a Comment