Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Soup and Salad from a Sam's Club Chicken

I would probably be horrified by what they baste chickens with at Sam's Club, but no matter-they make a pretty good roast chicken and they are very reasonably priced.  Best of all, you can make a decent meal out of them.  I used to buy them on a weekly basis, but don't do that as often any more. 

Ben has been hankering for chicken noodle soup, so I bought a chicken on Saturday.  I cut the breast meat off to use in chicken salad and then I  cooked the legs and carcass in water for about an hour.  Then I fished out the meat and bones and let them cool.  I cut up all the meat and added back to the pot.  I cut up two leeks and added some noodles and cooked for about 30 minutes.  Definitely not paleo, but the kids absolutely love it and will eat the whole thing.


I cut the chicken breast into small chunks.  I cooked 6 or 8 rashers of bacon and added to the chicken.  Then I cut up an apple, an avocado and added some walnuts.  I made a dressing out of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, with a little spinach and herb mixture added.  One of my favourite dinners.....

No comments:

Post a Comment