Thursday, September 6, 2012

Whole30, Day 25

I have to say that traveling and eating healthy are pretty much mutually exclusive.  After having spent the past week or so away from home and doing a pretty horrendous flight to Calgary, my Whole30 diet has completely fallen apart.  We spent the long weekend in Little Rock for Richard's birthday.  So, I was faced with some of my favourite restaurants, plus a bunch of food at the party.  My major transgression was the Triple Treat Chocolate Malt at The Purple Cow in Little Rock.  Haven't had one in years and I shared it with Sam, but even so....
I am now at a meeting in Banff.  We had a 24 hour delay in flights and so I spent a whole day dealing with airport food.  The conference has catered food which is really good but mostly things I can't eat.  It's given me a new perspective on what most people eat on a regular basis.  It's ironic that a conference that is focusing on diet, lipids, insulin resistance & Type II diabetes should serve four different jars of candy, plus mini kitkats at break time!!!!  I am resisting as much as I can, but it's a good job they ran out of the white chocolate mousse by the time I had eaten dinner though!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment