Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Major cooking episode

Well, we had absolutely nothing to eat in the house after coming back from Little Rock, so I set about making a bunch of things for this week.  I made a batch of plantain pancakes.  I think my plantains were not as ripe as the last batch and the pancakes came out a little better.  They are really good.  I baked a couple of sweet potatoes while the oven was on so I could make some hummus.
I fried up a batch of chicken chunks.  I haven't made any for a while because Sam hasn't been eating as many salads, but he likes to snack on them.  The kids will eat them for lunch or dinner too.
A friend gave me some butternut squash from her garden so I made a batch of curry with one of them.
One of Sam's favourite things to eat are these meatballs.  They are pretty easy to make, just beef, sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
The kids had Richard's ribs for dinner.  They look pretty happy with them.....
I also made a batch of no-oat oatmeal and put together a crockpot meal with chicken and apricots to eat tonight....
All told, it took me about 4 hours to cook everything and get cleaned up

No comments:

Post a Comment