Monday, September 23, 2013

Sunday cooking marathon-5 hours

This is going to be a very busy week, so I thought I'd better get a head start on it on Sunday.  Sam and I have realized that we have pretty much moved into a mode where I cook a bunch of stuff and we each pick something to eat every day.  Leeny had posted a recipe for Chimicurri sauce, so I thought I'd make some and see how it was.  She has been putting it on everything so it's a good opportunity to try it out on the meatballs I made yesterday (they are below)

I have come to the realization that we really do need plantain pancakes on hand all the time. They are just THAT GOOD and handy to have as an accompaniment to many of the meat dishes I make in the week
I made some taro root chips while I had the oven on.  I can't eat them while I am doing the Whole Life Challenge, but everyone else loves them so much.  I think Ben ate the vast majority of them
I made sweet potato hummus.  It's great with the taro chips or with raw vegetables.  Easy snack to have on hand
The meat offering was these pork meatballs.  I got some ground pork from Soulard farmers' market the other week and added chives, ginger, garlic and coconut.  When they were cooking, I realized that she said the pork was seasoned with sage.  I thought the flavour combination would be disastrous but they turned out fine-a little salty though.  Will remember not to season as much next time
On top of all of this, I made pizza for Sam and Maggie for dinner.  Ben doesn't like my pizza and it's off limits for me right now.  After I made lunches for Monday, I'd been in the kitchen for 5 hours!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment