Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Whole30, Day 1

Here it is, day 1.  I'm am ready to do this again, just anxious about how I will do everything when I am away.  I bought a big hunk of pork loin at Sam's Club yesterday, so thought about cooking some in the slow cooker.  Going to try putting a recipe together:

2-3 lbs pork
1 Cup of Water
1 whole yellow onion
I cup dried apples
1 tbsp Grey Poupon mustard
Salt and pepper

Put pork in slow cooker.  Cut up apples and onions and add.  Add other ingredients.  Cook on low for 8 hours.

This turned out way better than I hoped for.  The apples and onions cooked down and made a nice sauce.  I made fried okra with it by tossing the cut okra in coconut flour and frying in coconut oil.  I had no-oat oatmeal for breakfast and chicken/carrots/apple for lunch.  We had been at the zoo all day, so packed my lunch.  The key to this program is to PLAN AHEAD!!!
Day 1 down, 29 to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment