Thursday, April 12, 2012

Something else to avoid.....

A story on 60 minutes last week covered the question "Is sugar toxic?"  It has the potential to be sensationalist, but honestly, it's worth taking a second look.  I have heard several facets of this in the past and it's all brought together in this story.  It all sounds plausible and the data are substantiating the conclusions.  The paleo diet is essentially supporting the idea that sugar is bad for you, even toxic if you want to go that far.  I ate huge amounts of sugar when I was younger.  I passed my pharmacy exams fueled on Smarties-vast quantities of them and little else!!!  I never had any problems with my weight when I was young, was probably even too thin.  I wonder how that has changed so much?  Yes, I believe that too much sugar can be bad for you and contributes to the obesity problems of today. However, you also have to factor in the increased intake of fast food and the decrease in activity that kids and adults have today.  People are starting to listen as the diet advice changes, but there's a long way to go and we still run the risk that we are still not right.  For now, I am happy with the choices I am making and it is working for me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment