Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 7

Back to work. Had my usual work fare-no oat oatmeal for breakfast, apple for snack and tomato-basil soup for lunch. I made the chicken tikka masala for dinner. It was pretty labor intensive. I made the sauce for the chicken
I had left the chicken in the marinade since Saturday night and cooked it in the oven for an hour
I added the chicken to the sauce, but I did not add the sauce since there was already so much of it. I think next time I'd cut down on the amount of coconut milk that I used
When I dished it up, I told Sam that I wasn't sure that it was worth all the effort to make it. Boy, was I wrong. It was absolutely delicious and well worth it.
Had a pretty labor-intensive cooking night, spent 5 hours in the kitchen. I made the chicken, then a cake for Ben's birthday, chicken chunks for Sam & no-oat oatmeal for later in the week. Yes, it took a while, but we are pretty set up for the week....

No comments:

Post a Comment