Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 1

Day One!!! I ate my usual fare during the day. I always start the day with no-oat oatmeal. I make large batches of this and Sam and I eat it all week. Because we eat so much of this, we go through 3 to 4 dozen eggs each week.  I always buy the high omega 3 eggs from Trader Joe's-they feed the chickens on flax seeds to increase the omega 3 fatty acids and I hope that it will help our balance of omega 3 to omega 6 fatty acids.
I usually add strawberries and blueberries to the oatmeal, but couldn't get blueberries this week.....
I had my usual tomato and basil soup for lunch and ate some chicken chunks with it. These plantain chips from Trader Joe's are great snacks. They fit in the Whole30 diet, but not low carbohydrates, so you have to be careful with them. I eat way too many of them so I aliquot them into 1 oz bags so I only eat a single serving.  I tend to eat these when I get home from work every day....

We had this butternut squash curry for dinner. I had it in an Indian restaurant in England and loved it, so I had a go at duplicating it. It was fantastic and very easy to make....

So, day one was pretty easy on the whole.....

No comments:

Post a Comment