Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day 16

This day was going to be difficult right from the beginning.  I had several meetings at work-9:45 to 12, 12 to 2:15, 2:15 to 3:30, 4 to 5.  Essentially, all day.  I had a plan to make sure I wouldn't be hungry all day, but I was busier than I expected.  I resisted the muffins at my morning meeting, but I did have half & half in my coffee.  We were having sandwiches with lunch & I had asked for chicken salad on lettuce.  Well, the chicken salad had 3 pieces of chicken in it, a few grapes and the pecans.  So, I was still hungry after eating it. Oh no, the salad came with chips-I ate them!!!  At my next meeting, I was so hungry that I ate a brownie (they are really good, by the way!) and at that point I was so mad with myself.  I was working late and so we even tallied with the idea of going out to dinner (which, as I found out when I got home, was likely to be pizza).  I immediately decided to cook and I made this sausage with cabbage noodles.  It's Ben's favourite thing to eat.  I made it all in the wok.  I fried the sausage & removed it, sliced up an onion and cooked it in the sausage fat.  Then, I added shredded cabbage and cooked it up with caraway seeds, paprika and salt & pepper.  I made cinnamon apples-cooked the apples in coconut oil, added some cinnamon, raisins and a little coconut milk.  At least I saved some part of my food day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment