Saturday, April 14, 2012

Day 5

A day of snacking and leftovers, I'm afraid.  We got an early start to the day.  Sam & I were running in the Go! St. Louis 5K run and the kids were running the final1.2 miles of Read, Right and Run.  I started the day with my usual no-oat oatmeal.  Our run got canceled and so we went to iHop for brunch and I had an omelet with bacon.  After that, I pretty much snacked on sweet potato chips for the afternoon.  I ate clafouti for dinner.  Not really a very good day for the Whole30 diet, must do better tomorrow.
I did try making a batch of kale chips.  I put half a pack of Trader Joe's kale into a gallon bag, added the zest of a lemon, some salt & pepper, and a little olive oil.  I shook it all up together and baked in the over and 250 for about 25 mins.  Some weren't really very crisp, so I stuck them back in at 350 for about 10 mins.  They were good.
I cut up some chicken and started making the chicken tikka masala recipe.  We're going to barbecue tomorrow and so I bought some beef tenderloin and that is marinating overnight....

No comments:

Post a Comment