Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 13

I made a small batch of no-oat oatmeal for breakfast. It's the first time I have made the 2-portion amount in a long time. I whisked 3 eggs with 1/4 cup almond milk, then I added a tbsp of almond butter and I mashed up a banana with a fork. Then I added a tbsp of flax seed and 1/2 cup mixed nuts, added some vanilla, ginger, cinnamon & nutmeg. I split it into 2 portions and it was a good opportunity to see how much I am eating every day. I was glad to see that I'm only eating about a portion every morning. I found some blueberries at Sam's after 3 or 4 weeks absence, so I had strawberries & blueberries to one portion and left the other one for Sam.
I made this beef stir fry for dinner. It's one of our favourite recipes and I found it on this website that has a whole bunch of really good recipes. The kids love lettuce so they ate everything I gave them (Maggie even ate the mushrooms). Ben and Maggie finished off the lettuce between them!!!!

I realize that I have been slipping a little every day.  I have definitely not stuck to the Whole30 plan as strictly as before, but I am trying to get to a stage that I can maintain long-term, so I thought I'd better focus on the things I resist rather than things I give in to & that I should at least think about what I have changed rather than what I haven't.  I took the kids to the Kolache Factory and I resisted getting anything, usually I would have got two of them.  Ben got two cinnamon twists, so Maggie had to get 2 bacon, egg & cheese.  She ate the best part of them in the car!!!
Our latest obsession is Whole Foods bacon, we have been getting it every Sunday morning & a bunch of that seems to get eaten in the car too!!!!  Maggie doesn't like it, but the rest of us can't get enough of it....

No comments:

Post a Comment